In addition to little ole' engine problems like catastrophic failure, the Escape Hybrid shares many of the same problems with its gas-guzzling counterpart such as power assisted steering failures and swollen lug nuts.
The Escape Hybrid is alsi infamous for the engine shutting off while stopping.
Most Common Escape Hybrid Complaints
- power steering assist failure
- This Steering problem has been made 11 times by 2008 model year owners.
- catastrophic engine failure
- This Engine problem has been made 10 times by 2006 model year owners.
- brake failure
- This Brakes problem has been made 9 times by 2005 model year owners.
- "regen brakes disabled"
- This Brakes problem has been made 9 times by 2008 model year owners.
- excessive rusting
- This Body problem has been made 7 times by 2005 model year owners.
- power steering failure
- This Steering problem has been made 6 times by 2006 model year owners.
Escape Hybrid Generations
The Escape Hybrid has 2 generations. Generations are groups of model years where the vehicles are continuously produced, using similar engineering and shared features. Generation data isn't always cut-and-dry and is often different for different countries. When in doubt, we use North American generation data.
2nd Generation Escape Hybrid (2008—2012)
This generation ranks 91st in reliability out of 102 generations.
1st Generation Escape Hybrid (2005—2007)
This generation ranks 98th in reliability out of 102 generations.