In addition to little ole' engine problems like catastrophic failure, the Escape Hybrid shares many of the same problems with its gas-guzzling counterpart such as power assisted steering failures and swollen lug nuts.
The Escape Hybrid is alsi infamous for the engine shutting off while stopping.
Most Common Escape Hybrid Complaints
- power steering assist failure
- This Steering problem has been made 11 times by 2008 model year owners.
- catastrophic engine failure
- This Engine problem has been made 10 times by 2006 model year owners.
- brake failure
- This Brakes problem has been made 9 times by 2005 model year owners.
- "regen brakes disabled"
- This Brakes problem has been made 9 times by 2008 model year owners.
- excessive rusting
- This Body problem has been made 7 times by 2005 model year owners.
- power steering failure
- This Steering problem has been made 6 times by 2006 model year owners.
Escape Hybrid Generations
The Escape Hybrid has 2 generations. Generations are groups of model years where the vehicles are continuously produced, using similar engineering and shared features. Generation data isn't always cut-and-dry and is often different for different countries. When in doubt, we use North American generation data.
2 Generation Escape Hybrid (2008—2012)
This generation ranks 93 in reliability out of 103 generations.
1 Generation Escape Hybrid (2005—2007)
This generation ranks 99 in reliability out of 103 generations.